Day On The Hill 2015 (WAHU/NAIFA)
January 27, 2015
3 CEs approved by the WA OIC
At the DoubleTree by Hilton (formerly the Phoenix Inn)
415 Capital Way North, Olympia, WA -
Room Reservations - (360) 570-0555
Make room reservations early - The DoubleTree tends to sell out.
Proposed Morning Agenda
Welcome and Introductions
Update on the Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Catherine Bailey, Director of Healthplanfinder Business
Governor Inslee's Health Policy Objectives for 2015
- Jason McGill, Health Policy Advisor-Office of the Governor
Priorities for Life Insurers in the 2015 Legislative Session
- Mr. John Mangan, Regional Vice President, American Council of Life Insurers
Legislative Budget and Policy Priorities for the 2015 Session
- Speakers TBA
Priorities for Health Plans in the 2015 Legislative Session
- Ms. Grace Campbell, Reg. Dir., State Affairs, America's Health Insurance Plans
- Ms. Sydney Smith Zvara, Exec. Dir., Association of Washington Healthcare Plans
Issue Briefing-Health and Life Insurance Priorities for WAHU NAIFA Members
(Talking Points Papers to be Reviewed)
- Mel Sorensen
The afternoon is reserved for you and your fellow local members to meet with your Legislators and
discuss our "talking points" which will be provided by our Lobbyist, Mel Sorensen.
We need your voice and your participation
Contact your Legislator NOW
to make an appointment to meet in the afternoon
To find your legislator or for contact information:
The 2015 Spring Symposium
Seattle – March 25, 2015
Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
17620 International Blvd, Seattle, 98188
Spokane – March 26, 2015
1316 N Lincoln St, Spokane 99201
Sponsored by Premera Blue Cross
Exhibitors and Sponsors
Are you interested in exhibiting at one or both of the symposiums?
Would you like to be a sponsor for some extra recognition and support the symposium at the same time?
If so, the details and printable registration form are in the Exhibitor"s Spring Symposium Flyer in both
Health Underwriters Political Action Committee (HUPAC) is NAHU's political action committee.
You can contribute to it in either of two ways:
Contribute online: Go to HUPAC Donate Now page.
Use your NAHU email address to log in.
Fax a completed
HUPAC contributions form (PDF)
to the fax number on the form.
See our HUPAC page for more information.
Do you have an upcoming Event?
Email your request to email@example.com
along with event flyers
and we will post your event on our calendar.
The Washington Association of Health Underwriters promotes the highest level of professional
and ethical conduct amongst its membership. We deliver education, public policy information
and policy recommendations to our members. In addition, we advocate consumer choice, accessible
and affordable quality health care for our communities.
Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a professional and public trust and do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients' trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To give all service possible when service is needed.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which I know may be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale, service and administration of health insurance and related products and services as a career, to know and abide by the laws of any jurisdiction Federal and State in which I practice and seek constantly to increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair and just to my competitors, and to engage in no practices which may reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications which reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To extend honest and professional conduct to my clients, associates, fellow agents and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.
The Fine Print
You will receive an email confirmation on successful online registration for an event and
you will be added to the registration list for that event.
If for some reason you do not receive a confirmation email, you may
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-623-8632
to confirm your reservation and/or to have a confirmation email sent to you.
Reservations must be cancelled on or before an event's cancellation deadline in order to receive a refund for that event.
There are no refunds for an event that has no cancellation deadline.
Please email email@example.com if you need more information.
Conditions of Use doc
Statement of Privacy doc